The UMC was founded in 2004 with the mission of creating a system of support for the Montessori schools of Utah. We organize professional conferences and workshops featuring nationally known presenters as well as our own local talent to assist faculty, staff and heads of schools in improving their methodology. In addition we keep our collective ears tuned to issues that may affect our schools. The current status of Montessori schools as self-regulating with regard to state daycare laws is in place because of the efforts of the UMC in general and Bruce King, UMC Treasurer, in particular. The UMC offers a school certification program in order to maintain this status.
- Membership certificate
- Notification of events in or near Utah
- Eligibility for UMC certification programs
- Opportunity to vote on UMC issues
- Eligibility for directories, school surveys and other useful information
- Eligibility for consultations
To become a member, please print out and complete the membership application.